Thanks to Megha Bhartiya creator of insoakedsoul for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Check out some great poetry and images to boot on that happening blog.
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions from the person who has nominated you.
3. Nominate other bloggers for the award.
4. Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you have nominated.
5. Notify the bloggers you have nominated.
Blogs I am nominating for the award:
Blogs I am nominating:
QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINATIONS:
- What is one of the most exciting things that has happened to you?
- Who is one of your favorite authors?
- What advice would you give your younger self?
- Do you like to use the Oxford Comma?
- Should vampires sparkle?
- Are unicorns real? (If not, why?)
- Do fairies exist? (If not, why?)
- Describe the most elaborate dessert you have ever eaten.
- If you could have dinner with anyone alive or dead, who would it be?
- What is the most appealing shade of purple? (If you dislike purple, please explain why.)
- Describe your favorite sweater.
Answers to the questions I received when nominated:
1.Favourite book and its favourite quote?
I’m not entirely sure about my favorite… there are so many. I recently read “The Lost Art of Good Conversation: A Mindful Way to Enrich Life and Connect with Others” by Sakyong Mipham, which I received via bloggingforbooks (book review coming soon). This book is crammed with quotable passages. For example “By strengthening confidence in our own worthiness, we engender confidence in the worthiness of humanity itself.” (p.39) I am currently reading “Heartless” by Marissa Meyer. I’d like to share a quote during a game of croquet involving hedgehogs and flamingos, “‘It’s not who wins or Loses!” Margaret Shrieked. “It’s how one stays the same!”‘ (p120)
2.Favourite flavour ?
Sour. I like sour more than sweet. Lemons, pickles… I used to eat the green apples off of the tree as a child.
3.Favourite TV show?
I will reply with three: I liked the Peaky Blinders, the Santa Clarita Diet, and must admit that I watched all of New Girl.
4.What’s your pet-peeve?
5.Describe the most hilarious or the weirdest dream you ever had.
Flying low over the Rio Grande river near the town of Pilar. It was magical.
6.Favourite song and artist?
I am partial to Iron and Wine. Like the song “Sacred Vision.”
7.What’s your idea of an ideal vacation?
If I can learn something, make connections with some locals, or be involved in creating art, it doesn’t really matter where I am traveling. I enjoy visiting botanical gardens (or nature of any sort) and art museums. I loved Vancouver, Canada.
8.Are you the ‘forgive-forget’ type or the ‘remember-revenge’ type and why?
Forgive and forget. Life is long. What’s the point of being vengeful? It only makes you miserable.
9.When was the last time you laughed and why?
I recently was at a wedding where a building was described as a doughnut. The person next to me was like, “Actually, it’s more of a doughnut hole.” (Which was very accurate!)
10.Choose a movie title to describe yourself.
I imagine I’m in the movie Moonstruck, but actually would fit in better in that Avatar world. I’d be just fine hopping free tree to tree and riding the ikran (flying dragon creatures).
11.What is the one thing about yourself that you greatly admire?
I have a voracious mind and the capacity for compassion.